Our Services Benefit the Community
Did you know that 7 out of 10 people who are blind are not employed?
North Central Sight Services, Inc. employs highly trained
and qualified people who are blind or visually impaired. By
supporting our services, you are contributing to the community
through the employment of individuals who are blind and visually impaired, preventative vision screenings, education, social services, and support for people suffering from vision loss.
North Central Sight Services, Inc. currently provides services
to six counties in Pennsylvania: Bradford, Centre, Clinton,
Lycoming, Sullivan, and Tioga Counties. Below
are examples of your support in motion.
Your Support in Action
Prevention of Blindness
- We provided vision screenings to 5,502 individuals to detect symptoms of eye diseases and functional vision issues
- We visited 22 sites including preschools, daycares, businesses, senior citizen centers and public health fairs
- 168 Children received a follow-up appointment with a pediatric optometrist in our Functional Vision Clinic
- 82 Children received prescriptions for eye glasses to help improve their vision and 10 were provided eye glasses through our financial assistance program
- 157 Adults received eye glasses through our financial assistance program
Social Services and Rehabilitation: Helping to Sustain Independence with Vision Loss
- We served 353 individuals who are blind or visually impaired
- 212 Individuals received support services such as reading mail, meal planning, grocery shopping and essential errands.
- 156 Individuals utilized our transportation and sighted guide services
- Our Life Skills and Education classes helped 125 people learn about valuable community services and preventative health information
- 57 Individuals learned new skills to remain independent through our Vision Rehabilitation Therapy Program
- 34 Individuals who are blind or visually impaired had meaningful employment through the various business services and products we distribute
Statistics based on reports for 2013..